I found this Friday blog tag on My Little Book Blog when I went through my WordPress feed and thought it would be nice to jump in the tag train. I’m giving some honest answers to the bookish questions below…
What are your top three book hates?
1) Love triangles dominating YA fantasy. I hate them. I hate them so much I’m running a series of posts featuring YA Fantasy books with no love triangles (and minimum romance.)
2) Books taking forever to come out. Winds of Winter and Doors of Stone being the most famous examples. I hate waiting for 5 years for a book after devouring the whole series, damnit!
3) Book not available where I live. I strictly buy e-books only and it’s very irritating when the books are available only in certain zones.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
I really don’t have one. I read on the buss, lunch table, waiting in the queues, anywhere and everywhere. But my favorite place would be somewhere quiet with a comfy seat.
Tell us three book confessions.
1) I’m mostly a grimdark and sword&sorcery epic fantasy fan but I like a good YA fantasy every now and then. Sometimes even children’s stories if the characters and the story are great.
2) I bug my friends to read the books I loved so I have someone to talk about them.
3) If the author is a nice, down to earth person I advertise the book 5 times more.
When was the last time you cried while reading a book?
I never cried while reading a book. I get mighty upset and felt great sadness when my favorite characters die or extremely sad things happen, but I don’t cry. But the closest thing would be the famous ‘Justice’ scene in King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence.
What is your favorite snack while you’re reading?
Chocolate and Turkish delights!
Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
The first books will hook you into the series so I will recommend the first books of my favorite series.
Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence (read my review here)
The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie (read my review here)
Magician by Raymond E. Feist (read my review here)
Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.
I don’t have a long term home right now and my everything is in storage. I have the bookshelves (they were shipped in the trunk pf my car when I relocated) but no books in it. Here is the pic and where Loki sits is my favorite bookshelf 🙂
Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
Meaning of life
What is your biggest reading secret?
I read the Dragonlance Chronicles at age 38. I read The Riftwar Saga at age 35. There’s a plethora of old classics of fantasy I’m still yet to read.