Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish and this week’s theme is the favorite heroines from books.
1. Mara from The Empire Trilogy – My absolute favorite female character in the entire fantasy genre. She is a bad ass through and through. She is not the typical sword wielding fantasy genre heroine, no, she wins by her sheer genius and diplomacy skills.
2. Melian from The Silmarillion – She is a Maia, the wife of elf king Thingol. She laid the girdle of Melian to protect the kingdom of Doriath from Morgoth’s evil forces. Her husband, quite unfortunately, failed to heed her wisdom.
3. Arya Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire – She is my favorite female character from the whole series. I think she’s everyone else’s favorite, too.
3. Princess Carline from The Riftwar Saga – She was a spoiled little princess in the beginning but much later she became a sharp witted, funny woman, especially in her mature age.
4. Yavanna Kementari from The Silmarillion – Spouse of the smith god Aule, she is the goddess of nature who gave life to trees and plants. When Aule’s children (the dwarves) started cutting her trees, she begged Manwe, the King of the Vala and got him to create the Ents to protect the woods.
5. Galadriel from The Lord of The Rings – The embodiment of beauty and wisdom, who doesn’t love Galadriel?
6. Miana from The Broken Empire – The only character who has a sharper tongue than Jorg. I had a laughing fit when she made her snarky remarks about ‘Jorg the Quick’ in King of Thorns. She definitely had the funniest lines in King of Thorns.
7. Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter – She may be an outcast and picked on as a weirdo but she’s quite smart and very compassionate. She is the perfect school friend.
8. Molly Weasley from Harry Potter – She kicks serious arse in the last book, wouldn’t you agree?
9. The Empress of Kesh from Krondor’s Sons duology – The old lady has a sharp tongue and an even sharper mind.
10. Esmenet from The Prince of Nothing – One of the strongest female characters I’ve seen in fantasy. She has flaws and makes mistakes but she’s awesome anyway.
What is your top ten? Share your blog link in the comments below!