Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every Tuesday they post a new top ten list and invite everyone to join the fun and share their answers. This week’s list features the top ten books I would love to read in a book club. Here is my fantasy fiction list:
1. The Darkness That Comes Before by R. Scott Bakker
This should show the mettle of the book club members *g*
2. The Warrior Prophet by R. Scott Bakker
This will definitely reveal those who appreciate deep philosophy.
3. Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence
Yes, this book club is definitely made of tough stuff!
4. Gargantua and Pantagruel by Francois Rabeleis
I took up the mission of making everyone aware of this supreme classic from the medieval times. One of the first and finest examples of fantasy literature (even though it’s a satire, it’s full of magic and fantasy elements so I count it as fantasy)
5. Dragons of The Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
For the sake of nostalgia, for those who haven’t read it yet and those who miss Raistlin.
6. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
Heist anyone? I would very much love to read this in a book club…
7. The Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore
Another great classic… I sure miss reading the adventures of Drizzt and would love to share the joy with the book club!
8. The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
It’s the holy scripture for me, to read over and over.
9. The Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny
I think this would be fun to read with a book club,it’s quite a different sort of fantasy.
10. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Let’s see everyone’s favorite characters and curse the Chandrian!